You are probably already aware of Pinterest, but maybe you don’t fully understand the potential it has for your business. According to Pew Research Center in its Social Media Update 2014 report (posted 1/9/2015), 28% of online adults are now using Pinterest. Other key Pinterest stats covered in the report include:
- 42% of online women are Pinterest users
- Pinterest usage among online men increased by 8%
- 34% of 18-29 year olds and 28% of 30-49 year olds use Pinterest
Its growing popularity among many important demographics makes Pinterest a great way to promote your business online, no matter what you sell.
The real power of Pinterest is its visual aspect. With Pinterest you can create, organize, and manage your boards with photos and images that relate to your business. Pins don’t have to be static images, though: your pins can also include videos, bits of text, infographics, and other things besides static images.
What Pinterest Can Do for Your Business
There are a number of ways Pinterest can help your business. It’s a great platform for:
- Driving traffic. It’s not just friends and followers who will see your pinned content. Boards can appear in search engine results, giving the whole world access to your work.
- SEO benefits for your site. Similar to backlinks from Facebook and Twitter, backlinks from your Pinterest boards help raise your rank in search engines. The human traffic you’ll get will help as well.
- Lead capture. Visitors click the links on your profile or boards, which then direct them to your website where you can have an opt-in form for them to join your list. Not many businesses currently do this, so it’s a great way to stand out in your niche. In fact, we are using a pin to drive people to our Getting Started with Pinterest e-Book download page!
- Brand building. Pinterest can help you build your brand. When you take time to properly set up and optimize your Pinterest profile, you will communicate your brand message and your pins will further demonstrate what you and your business are all about.
If you need to get started with Pinterest or improve your existing Pinterest profile, download our new e-Book to help you get started!